Referment have partnered with a global proprietary trading house who have an exciting opportunity for a hands on Linux Engineering Lead to manage their global Linux and Networking team, responsible for the entire Linux stack across low latency trading servers, core computing, workstations and the global low latency network estate.
The successful applicant should be fully hands on and have extensive experience building and maintaining low latency Linux estates within a trading environment, but also experience managing small to medium sized teams and setting technical direction. You will be responsible for managing technical projects, driving best practices around the use of automation from a Linux perspective as well as setting direction for the future of technology and progression with the wider technology team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a senior role, reporting into technology leadership whilst still remaining technical and working in an environment that is fast paced and embracing the latest technologies.
- Extensive experience as a Unix/Linux Engineer working on low latency trading infrastructure
- Experience managing teams and setting technical direction
- Deep knowledge of scripting/automation technologies such as Python, Ansible, Chef etc
- Good understanding of Linux IP and network stacks
- Experience with cloud technology (desirable)
Please note, with the Covid-19 public health crisis ongoing, this role will hire and onboard virtually.
Not quite right for you? Refer someone you know and earn up to £500 when they complete a face-to-face or video interview through Referment. Find out more at www.referment.com